- By Arco
- December 25, 2021
Einvoicing mandatory to all government organisations in Belgium
Start and content of the obligation to send einvoices to Belgian government
Translations : Dutch – Link
The Belgian government decided on November 26, 2021 to introduce the obligation to send einvoices to the government. This is published on March 31 2022.
The starting date of the obligation to send e-invoices is linked to the total amount of tenders:
- tenders with a total amount of minimum 140.000 € excl. VAT : the obligation will start in October 2022.
- tenders with a total amount of minimum 30.000 € excl. VAT : the obligation will start in March 2023.
- tendrs with an amount of less than 30.000 € excl. VAT : the obligation will start in September 2023.
This obligation is linked to all government organisations who have to work with tenders : Federal and regional government, municipals, police and other local authorities, hospitals and care in general.
What do you have to you when you are sending invoices to Belgian government ?
- Are you sending manually e-invoices to government via the Mercurius portal ? This method is slow and subject to errors. As the volumes will increase, you better go to a really automated method.
- Do you want you know what government organisations are really active via Open/Peppol ? Contact Arco.
- Do you have questions about setting of the automated einvoicing ? What steps are needed, how much time does it take, how do you make it succesful ? Arco can advise you on the correct approach. Arco can assist you when starting with the first customers, as many government organisations are technically supported/connected by Arco.
- Do you want to know to what other non-government organisations you can send e-invoices ? Deliver us your customer list, we deliver you the answer.
Questions and Answers related to Einvoice sending to Belgian Government
- Is sending an email with PDF accepted ? No, it is not accepted.
- Is sending an email with PDF and XML(UBL) accepted ? No, it is not accepted.
- Can the customer be forced to send eorders prior to sending the einvoice ? No.
- Are there government organisations that send already eorders via Open/Peppol ? Yes, contact Arco for the list.
More information about the legal framework for the obligation of einvoicing
Published by the Flemish Government : https://overheid.vlaanderen.be/juridisch-kader-e-invoicing
Voor practical, functional and technical questions you can contact us without any obligation. A short interactive contact via MS Teams or Zoom is possible : it allows to get a direct response to your specific questions.
Voor andere vragen : firstname.lastname@example.org